but, friends, this is that year. the year i make some resolutions that i am going to call goals from here on out.
brooke's 2013 goals:
- get healthy (drop 20lbs by mar. 25 and impress my doctor that day)
- date nights twice a month with my boys, one kid at a time.
- expand and grow my business, starting with 3 sessions each month consistently
- print more photos
- pray more and do it consistently
- be an early riser :: 5am (in bed at 10)
- make a come-over-anytime friend (perhaps actually meet a sahm in this town? do they even exist here?)
- finish my Christmas shopping/crafting by nov. 1
- do more crafts!
- watch my spending
- get in photos more often, like weekly
- keep up with my personal photo project, simple moments, each and every week (i'd love you to join me)
- blog more, and participate in photo link-ups more often
- read 24 books minimum (so i have to turn the tv off more often)
- be more patient and less angry in tough situations. < that's a biggie
- shoot my family daily. with a camera. or nerf darts. it could go either way.
- grow a garden
- finish painting projects around the house.
so there's the starter list, i'm sure i'll think of more things to add. but this is my jumping off point. i'm feeling very committed, very motivated.
thinking back to last year, all i wanted was to feel better emotionally and mentally. i was in such a terrible place that all i wanted to come out of 2012 was healing. it was my one word for this past year. i do believe the healing has come. that dark pit has been climbed out of and covered up with the love and grace of Jesus.
this year, my word is joy. i want to find joy in everything. i want to be a joy-filled Jesus girl who radiates His love. i want to spread joy through my family, through all those that i cross paths with.
so good-bye 12, you were the year my heart healed, and i will always be thankful. and hello, 13, you are the year i find my pure, unadulterated joy. and share it with the world.
happy new year's friends. i hope your year is blessed beyond measure.