Saturday, July 27, 2013
friday's top ten 07.26.2013 || a day late.
1. FORTY pounds, y'all. can you believe it? how i have managed to shed 40lbs blows my mind. i mean, i was sitting at 201lbs. TWO HUNDRED ONE. i mean, that's even way more letters than "forty." i have gone from a size 18 to a 12 and i think my now large shirts are getting a tad big. but just a tad.
2. on instagram and facebook, i posted a photo of my nursing my boy and doing some yoga and i mentioned that it's no longer that i am simply tired of being fat, now i want to be fit in every possible way. so two nights ago, when my honey and my older two boys started Insanity, i ran and changed and go my tennies and jumped in on the action. it huuuurrrrrrt, but it felt so good.
3. so let's recap, shall we? a few days ago: yoga for core strength + handstand practice + my plank-a-day + Insanity. the next day: a little sore and wanting more. the day after: feeling like i can conquer every last bit of this flab. today: giving God glory for what he is doing in my fitness journey.
4. i'm still pulling an average of one zucchini a day out of my garden. but i have some cucumbers, finally, lots of cantaloupe, and a softball size watermelon with more baby melons trying to grow. i have learned a lot this year, i'm taking notes, and i plan on next year's garden being awesome.
5. hopefully i can put together a new "life lately" post with some photos i have taken recently but still need to edit.
6. brennen is still trying to get the hang of wearing undies. he is amazing when he's stark nekkid, but still struggles with wetting his pants when he's covered with big boy undies.
7. i love my husband. i love him. i do. and the world should know. rough times happen, but we are a pair that will always be.
8. we still have a month before we start our school back up, but i am already ready to get things going.
9. we've been reading a lot more this summer as a family. i read a snippet of the Bible, a snippet of history and a chapter of a book, currently Harry Potter, as regularly as i can.
10. when one of the older kids was mean to a younger one yesterday, i sent him to his room to write out reasons why we should be kind and not mean. i was way surprised by what he came back with, in a good way. i do believe i will have them do that more often!
so it's saturday, but i wanted to get this published, so...
enjoy the rest of your weekend.