these photos below, let me just tell you. i was starting to think i looked pretty good in the july shot. i had only lost 7lbs since that one and really didn't think it was making a huge difference. that was, until these side by side shots. it may have only been 7lbs, but it was also 7in since that middle shot, too. those inches make a difference. i mean, i lost 2 3/4" just from my hips. and 1" from my waist, and more from other areas, just since the july image. if you're trying to get fit, measure!! it's important! pounds won't mean much once you start building muscle. and i AM! it's crazy. this is not who i am naturally. i'm not a work out girl. it takes WORK and determination and commitment. and i'm there!! i'm committed! and is it just me, or does the slimmer mid section actually make me look a little taller?
(instagram update ^^)
2. his big boys are rarely ever on properly. and speaking of, he is potty trained at home, but outside of the house, it's a whole 'nother story. someday, right?
3. we considered cutting his hair next month when he turns three. my emotions go back and forth on that topic. i mean, you can see why.
4. have y'all heard of Premier Designs Jewelry? well, 'member when God asked my to put professional photography on hold? well, i'm pretty sure all of it was leading up to me becoming a jewelry lady for Premier. i have my launch home show next month, on the 12th. i'm equal parts excited, equal parts nervous.
5. we have felt some cooler mornings here, lately. i'm pretty ready for cooler days. for fall. for warm lattes full of pumpkin and cinnamon and froth.
6. three of us are sick today. i have a head cold, my head is pounding, stuffed up, and my throat has been bothering me since yesterday. grey seems to also have a cold, on top of teething. and kanyon woke up coughing, stuffy, and a little fevery.
7. i so wanted to prep the house this week for school on tuesday. i also wanted to do some further lesson planning. but with the baby not sleeping, and now us being sickly, i will just wait for the Lord to open up a time for me to feel energized and be able to accomplish the tasks that need to get to done.
8. i'm going to give up gluten in september. i know it's just another fad (for some people. others, i know, truly have a sensitivity/allergy/issue with gluten, and i do not discount that one single bit), but i want to see if it changes how my stomach feels or my moods. it's kind of an experiment. i know getting rid of sugar and dairy has changed me. i have more energy and i feel less lethargic without those things (mainly sugar).
9. let me just be honest, i do not like repetitive sounds. they drive. me. bananas!! i think it's always been this way, but lately, i have been painfully aware of it. painfully. because: five kids. i mean...
10. zoey has grown! she's still a tiny little thing. and playful as ever. jonyn thinks she's just a toy half the time. i spend a lot of time asking he to leave her alone! but i'm glad she likes the kids.
enjoy your weekend, my lovely friends.